Author: Nicholas Wiesinger
To: listserv
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Geocaching advice for Phoenix Valley art project
Hello Arizona and Phoenix Valley Geocachers!

I’m Nic Wiesinger, a MFA Candidate in Intermedia art at ASU, and a newbie but
avid young geocacher. I am working on my art thesis set for this November. My
thesis work will be to use Geocaching to get people out to the valley canal
systems, and to create caches that are artistic, but also allow cachers to learn
about valley history as it pertains to the canal system.

I’m a transplant from Indiana (I’ve been in the valley for almost three years),
and it seemed the more I tried to understand the valley the more I had to learn
about something pertaining to the history of the canals, which is why I think
they are such an important tool for the understanding of the history and
development of where we all live. And I feel geocaching is ripe for creative,
vibrant, and complex cache creations to get people to a place and allow them to
share a deeper experience in and with the land.

My reason for emailing is I am asking you, the geocaching community, for help,
feedback, lessons, tricks, things not to do, and advice in any way. And also,
eventually to hunt for and find my art caches! Please respond to
.

Thanks so much

Nic