Author: Sean Orsburn
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Required permits in AZ
Hi Aj,
I don't know what other input you will get from others, and I am not
completely up to date on which permits are required for different areas.
However, in response to your last question, I found last weekend that you
can not rely on the geocache information to inform you on which permit you
would need. A large group I picked up in Scottsdale last week were on State
Trust Land, and it was not until I went online and checked out the maps
that I found out that the land was actually State Trust Land, which I had
assumed it was not since the descriptions did not say anything about it. If
you are caching in the area around North Phoenix/Scottsdale/Surprise, it
might be a safe bet to get the AZ Land Trust Permit.

Sean (slyniti)