Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Save the Date and Call for Volunteers

From: "BOBBI JO CLAYWELL" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 08:12:18 -0700

I'd be happy to help out!  If someone wants to do the "discussion topic" 
thing - maybe we can have several people speak.  If anyone else is 
interested (I don't want the whole 30 minute deal), I'd be happy to speak 
about caching with kids/safety/etc.  After all, I rarely cache without them. 
  :)  I'm also happy to put together a powerpoint presentation or something.

If nobody else wants to speak, I'd be willing to help out in the booth or 
whatever I can do!  Just let me know.

>From: "Team Tierra Buena" <[email-masked]>
>Reply-To: [email-masked]
>To: "Arizona Geocaching" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Save the Date and Call for Volunteers
>Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 22:29:39 -0700
>
>The Public Lands Information Center (PLIC), run by the Bureau of Land
>Management, has invited us to participate in this year’s National Public
>Lands Day, Saturday September 24. The event will be held at the Phoenix
>North Mountain Visitor Center, North 7th Street, south of Thunderbird Road
>at approximately N 33° 36.034’ W 112° 03.938’ (though there are events all
>over the state and even in such out-of-the-way locations as Billings,
>Montana – see: http://www.npld.com/) .
>
>
>
>The day will consist of two parts: A “Trail Beautification Project” from 7
>to 9 AM and a Recreation Fair from 9 AM to 2 PM. Volunteers for the Trail
>Project will receive breakfast, souvenir T-shirt, water, snacks, and lunch.
>During the Recreation Fair, we will be manning one of about 50 tables open
>to the public to talk about Geocaching. We’ve been asked to “…introduce
>folks to your hobby and educate them on the proper etiquette as far as
>minimum impact and ‘Leave no trace’ ”. Last year they had an estimated 
>5,000
>attendees during the Recreation Fair and anticipate a similar number this
>year.
>
>
>
>What we’ll need will be volunteers for the Trail Project, and volunteers to
>staff the table. My thought is two or more people at the table for two-hour
>shifts. You’ll be able to do both the Trail Project and the table if you’d
>like. I’m hoping we’ll have enough participation that no one will have to 
>do
>more than two hours at the table unless they really want to.
>
>I’m also looking for a volunteer to work with me to put this together and
>manage things the day of the event. If you want to volunteer for that, plan
>on being at the event from 6:30 AM to 2:30 PM. But I’ll buy you your
>beverage of choice when it’s over. Maybe two of them.
>
>
>
>We’ve also been offered the opportunity to put on a 30-minute program. If
>someone wants to take this on, let me know. This is not a necessity, but if
>you do want to do it, I need to let them know quickly so they can reserve a
>slot for us.
>
>
>
>They are also looking for “… sponsors for things like bottled water,
>volunteer freebies and snacks for the participants.” If someone’s feeling
>generous, let me know. Again, this is not a necessity.
>
>
>
>The text of the email I received, a Microsoft Word file about the event 
>from
>Phoenix Parks and Recreation (who are co-sponsors locally), and two 
>one-page
>PDF documents about the day may be found at http://tinyurl.com/7s89g.
>
>
>
>I think it is important that we do this as a community, so if you want to
>participate, save the date, give us a chance to get things organized, and
>we’ll do some kind of “official” registration in a few weeks if not sooner.
>But I would like to get some sense of how many people we might have, so I
>know that we’ll have a large enough contingent to make it work. Then I can
>go back to the PLIC and commit to them that we’ll be there. So for now, 
>just
>let me know if you’re willing to help out, or if you want to take on one of
>the special tasks. Thanks.
>
>
>
>Steve
>
>Team Tierra Buena
>
>
>
>____________________________________________________________
>Az-Geocaching mailing list [email-masked]
>To edit your setting, subscribe or unsubscribe visit:
>http://listserv.azgeocaching.com/mailman/listinfo/az-geocaching
>
>Arizona's Geocaching Resource
>http://www.azgeocaching.com

____________________________________________________________
Az-Geocaching mailing list [email-masked]
To edit your setting, subscribe or unsubscribe visit:
http://listserv.azgeocaching.com/mailman/listinfo/az-geocaching

Arizona's Geocaching Resource
http://www.azgeocaching.com