Hi Aj,
   I don't know what other input you will get from others, and I am not completely up to date on which permits are required for different areas. However, in response to your last question, I found last weekend that you can not rely on the geocache information to inform you on which permit you would need. A large group I picked up in Scottsdale last week were on State Trust Land, and it was not until I went online and checked out the maps that I found out that the land was actually State Trust Land, which I had assumed it was not since the descriptions did not say anything about it. If you are caching in the area around North Phoenix/Scottsdale/Surprise, it might be a safe bet to get the AZ Land Trust Permit.

Sean (slyniti)

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 8:53 PM, AJ George <aj.george@gmail.com> wrote:
We recently returned to the Phoenix area after leaving in 2005. The only required permit I was aware of was for State Trust Land. However, I recently read a cache log or description and it referenced a Tonto Pass. What is that and where would I get one? I am assuming it is probably another required permit?

I eventually plan on getting out to Bulldog Canyon and getting "Geocache". I know a permit is required for access there. I know it is a limited time-frame permit.

So if I am going to geocache in AZ, what federal/local permits do I need? Do all geocache descriptions state whether a certain permit is required? Or is that a crapshoot?

AJ George II aka G-Squad

Az-Geocaching mailing list listserv@azgeocaching.com
To edit your setting, subscribe or unsubscribe visit:

Arizona's Geocaching Resource