No, the majority of the cache owners do not stipulate if a permit is required or not.
(keep in mind this is a personal opinion that some do not agree with)
As a cacher and a responsible outdoor enthusiast, it is our responsibility to make sure we do not break the rules of the land managers. As such all caches in these areas ^Should^ have a notice or information, but it is not in any way enforced or required by Groundspeak.

Arizona State Trust Land:

Arizona OHV laws and rules:

BLM Land :

Apache-Sitgreaves : No permits required that I know of
Bulldog Canyon :
Coronado forest :
Coconino Forest:
Kaibab forest :
Prescott forest :
Tonto :

Goldwater Range and the Cabeza Prieta :

 So, without mentioning State Parks or any other private ownership areas, these are the ones I can think of that require some form of permit or contact. I am sure I missed a few, but heck, it is information gained at no time or cost to you. :)

ShadowAce / Dirk

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 8:53 PM, AJ George <> wrote:
We recently returned to the Phoenix area after leaving in 2005. The only required permit I was aware of was for State Trust Land. However, I recently read a cache log or description and it referenced a Tonto Pass. What is that and where would I get one? I am assuming it is probably another required permit?

I eventually plan on getting out to Bulldog Canyon and getting "Geocache". I know a permit is required for access there. I know it is a limited time-frame permit.

So if I am going to geocache in AZ, what federal/local permits do I need? Do all geocache descriptions state whether a certain permit is required? Or is that a crapshoot?

AJ George II aka G-Squad

Az-Geocaching mailing list
To edit your setting, subscribe or unsubscribe visit:

Arizona's Geocaching Resource