George, Bulldog Rec Area has several access gates to primitive roads into different use area's.  I assume you will wish to access Bull Dog from the old Sheep Crossing Area near the bridge crossing near Saguaro Lake.  The permission is free and provides the combination to the gate locks and also permission to enter for recreation uses.  It is available at the Ranger district ofice at 5140 E. Ingram St., Mesa, Az.
On 03/29/2013 08:53 PM, AJ George wrote:
We recently returned to the Phoenix area after leaving in 2005. The only required permit I was aware of was for State Trust Land. However, I recently read a cache log or description and it referenced a Tonto Pass. What is that and where would I get one? I am assuming it is probably another required permit?

I eventually plan on getting out to Bulldog Canyon and getting "Geocache". I know a permit is required for access there. I know it is a limited time-frame permit.

So if I am going to geocache in AZ, what federal/local permits do I need? Do all geocache descriptions state whether a certain permit is required? Or is that a crapshoot?

AJ George II aka G-Squad

Az-Geocaching mailing list
To edit your setting, subscribe or unsubscribe visit:

Arizona's Geocaching Resource